On Thursday 26 May, Elliott Scott HR hosted the first Emerging Leaders Series event of 2016 in Singapore.
The Emerging Leaders series is an award-winning Elliott Scott HR initiative providing junior and mid-level HR professionals the opportunity to network and learn from successful senior leaders in the industry.
At our recent event, attendees enjoyed drinks and canapés in a relaxed setting at Boomerang Bistro & Bar. The facilitator was Kris Sreekanth, Regional Learning and Development, Fuji Xerox Asia. The keynote speaker was Chris J Reed, founder and global CEO of Black Marketing, a specialist consultancy helping CEOs, entrepreneurs and organisations around the world promote their brand through LinkedIn.
Chris provided top tips to attendees on how they could get the most out of LinkedIn to build their personal brand.
- Have a profile photo: putting up a profile photo increases your views 14 times. However keeping it professional is key - LinkedIn is not Facebook.
- Set a background picture: this is an opportunity to bring colour and personality to your social selling profile.
- Make the most of your profile headline: a profile headline improves your search engine optimisation (SEO) on LinkedIn – think of it as your personal brand ‘tagline’.
- Utilise your profile for your organisation’s employer branding: utilise your background picture and profile headline to boost your organisations’ employer branding
- Fill out your summary section: This is the place to showcase your personal brand message – plus, it enables higher SEO on LinkedIn.
- Do more than just list your experience – explain it: don’t just list your work history, use it as an opportunity to showcase your skill-sets and achievements.
- Add visual content: such as videos, website links, and podcasts. The more visual your profile, the more hits you will get.
- Market your employer through your LinkedIn profile – through blogging on LinkedIn Pulse. However, ensure your content is appropriate for the platform and where you work.
- Become a thought leader to accentuate your personal branding: producing regular thoughtful articles on your industry or career is valuable to your own branding.
- Share engaging content: as this helps keep you connected within your professional network.
If you’re interested in building your HR career, be sure to join us at our next Emerging Leaders event. Keep an eye out on LinkedIn, Twitter and the Elliott Scott HR website for updates.
If you would like any further information or to reserve your seat at the next event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +65 6493 1873.