Our client has a focus on financial technology, asset management and real estate.
The business is at a critical point in it’s development and seeks an accomplished and well-rounded HR executive to provide the full HR support function as well as advising on the key areas of Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Performance Management and Remuneration Strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity within this established and successful firm lending support to 100+ people. The role will stretch across a range of responsibilities and require a combination of hands-on HR experience, commercial acumen, and market knowledge. This is a multi-faceted organisation with multiple key stakeholders so the ability to build relationships at all levels is essential.
Full HR Function
- Responsible for overseeing the operation and direction of the HR function
- Be a strategic advisor and confidant for key stakeholders
- Improve the HR value-add to the business through the design, implementation, and execution of HR strategies.
- Oversight of all HR functions including, but not limited to, compensation and benefits, employee relations and recruitment.
- Providing strategic input on performance, training and SMCR
- Initiate and undertake project work on high level HR and firm-wide matters such as regulatory changes, culture, and philosophy of the business.
- Lead restructures across the business during periods of growth and change.
- Analyse people processes, data, and trends to make recommendations to management for continuous improvement
- Ensure continuous improvement with reviewing contracts, handbooks to ensure they are up to date and relevant.
- Manage employee on and off boarding.
- Retain a network across other Heads of HR in hedge funds and the wider asset management sectors
- Responsible for Diversity and Inclusion and contribute to the ESG Committee.
- Ensure they have the best or most forward-thinking hiring practises in place across all aspects of talent acquisition i.e. attracting, selecting and on-boarding.
- Ensure they are moving to the next level to institutionalise processes.
- Onboarding and induction – building a tailored but consistent process for each new joiner
- Set up online Talent mapping and succession planning across the firm.
- Monitor Employee engagement and make improvements for Company Culture
- Advise and manage complex HR employee’s relation cases
- Dealing with employee relations, litigations, exits, conflict management etc
- Responsible for the internal training of staff and development initiatives
- Identify and set up coaching requirements for senior individuals as well as tailored training solutions to improve performance of individuals and teams.
- Re-model the Performance Management process to suit the changing needs of the business
- Redesign the firm’s year-end appraisal process to promote the firm’s refreshed values and desired behaviours
- Support partners and managers in effective management of their teams, providing advice, and guidance on HR processes, good work practice and the handling of ‘sensitive’ or difficult situations
- Performance management across the senior teams
- KPI reporting for senior staff
- Succession Planning and talent management
- Redesigned the year-end compensation process to emphasise individual as well as firm performance (providing greater transparency to employees and ensuring greater differentiation)
- Prepare and advise on Renumeration Policies and best practices and be a member of the Remco
- Identify schemes and plans that will benefit the company and run the process from research through to implementation
- Ensuring compensation payroll and benefits are competitive in the market
- Ensure the company follows and adheres to the FCA Remuneration Code
Experience, skills & qualifications:
- University degree
- 8+ years’ experience in a HR role with an Asset Management background
- Pro-active nature and always one step ahead
- A ‘roll your sleeves up’ attitude and team player
- Highly organised
- Ability to multitask, ensuring deadlines are met and tasks are followed through to completion
- Excellent and adaptive communication skills
- Industry knowledge and network
- Operate as a confidante, sounding board, strategist and tactician to senior management
- High level of emotional intelligence combined with a hands-on approach
- Organisational design
- Strong listening skills and a level of maturity / emotional balance
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com
Job code: KH/17063
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.