Our client is a global financial services business looking to hire a Background Vetting Associate Director.
Our client’s Human Resources department supports the business to ensure the effective management and development of the talent in their organisation. It involves having oversight of all aspects of human capital management, which includes several areas of expertise working together collaboratively - talent acquisition, talent management and development, reward, employee relations and organisation development.
Global HR Shared Services function is a central hub of capabilities to provide HR Support Services, Payroll & Background Vetting services to staff and HR teams across all business areas. The objective of the function is to leverage HR technology infrastructure to deliver efficient HR processes and aim for operational excellence globally. Our team members are based in key hub locations across India, Asia, UK, and Europe to provide these services globally within the company. The Service Delivery Team sits within the Global HR Shared Services function and works in partnership with Compensation & Benefits, HR Business Partners, and business groups to provide assistance in the area of HR administrative services and Payroll & Benefits related activities. The team is responsible for managing the payroll and administrating the benefits for the organization’s international locations, for designing and implementing various HR administrative practices and procedures, as well as for the maintenance of employee records and delivering services in a consistent and effective way across the organization.
The Global Background Vetting team sits within the Global HR Shared Services function and works in partnership with Talent Acquisition, HR Support, HR Regulatory Operations, HR Legal and other business groups and provides assistance in the area of pre-employment checks and screening requirements for our employees, suppliers, and partners.
Purpose of the Role
The potential candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and management for the global Background vetting team.
The background vetting team is a critical function within the organisation and supports all regions i.e. UK, Continental Europe, APAC, and India. The role requires managing and maintaining working relationships with regulators across different jurisdictions and ensure compliance. This individual will be required to manage the flow of work into and out of his/her team as well as managing the performance of individuals and the team. You will need to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders within the organisation to ensure that the needs of our client’s customers are met.
Location: London or Surrey
- Drive business value through operational scalability and increased speed of delivery; design and implement agile processes and eliminate manual interventions/hand-offs.
- Support business growth, expanding the change agenda and the landscape of the teams deliverables by removing bottlenecks and building sustainable solutions.
- Risk management and compliance adherence within the increasingly complex regulatory/statutory demands, implementing automated solutions.
- Benchmarking Industry standards within a framework of digital transformation; embrace, digital transformation in line with market trends.
- Guardian and keeper of the employee/candidate experience; engaging through digitisation. Looking for technical solutions, such as, mobile apps, social media platforms, enhancing the use of email and live chat.
- Digital technology integration in order to provide an integrated service with enhanced data security.
- Reporting and performance management. Providing meaningful insights and analytics to drive informed business decisions.
- Culture and workforce enablement focus on delivering a quality service with enhanced controls and value-added tasks for a happy and engaged workforce.
- To provide the strategic and tactical direction for vetting activity within the organisation, to ensure that current and future needs of the organisation are met, enhancing the team’s capability and effectiveness to the business, within a transformation plan.
- Identify the product or service gaps within our existing capabilities, working with the wide range of stakeholders internally and external market to understand how to prioritise closing these gaps.
- Work with local regulators across geographies to understand existing regulations and impact of any changes to the policy and downstream impact on operational processes.
- To act as the single point of contact (SPOC) for the organisation and advise and update on changes in legislation, Policy and procedures and organisation compliance related issues in respect of Vetting.
- Be able to generate regular reporting on operational KPIs and support with MI dashboards for senior stakeholders as & when required. Create management information that provides relevant insights to support fact-based decision making for best business outcomes.
- Translate and present reporting and analytics for BV to understand the better utilisation of resources, vendors, and cost.
- Work with the business leadership, provide active participation in relevant forums, governance meetings and other initiatives.
- To identify detailed information as per process, required to contribute towards the security assessment of an applicant’s suitability to have access to the organisation premises, assets, equipment or information, without unacceptable risk to the well-being of any individual, justice or the integrity and reputation of the organisation.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relationship management experience, particularly regarding the performance of outsourced partners.
- Proven experience of leadership with the transformation including significant personal contribution to the success of the initiative and the measurable impact on customers, employees, and performance.
- Significant experience of reviewing and changing models and practices to optimise performance and generate cost savings and improvements whilst delivering customer benefits.
- 10-12 years of experience of working within a BGV or similar team with at least 5 years’ experience of having managed/led a global background vetting team.
- Prior experience of managing audits and compliance requirements is a must.
- Understanding/familiarity with regulatory requirements pertaining to BGV process would be an added advantage.
- Significant experience in deploying best practices, methodologies and frameworks for Process Excellence, MI, and Change.
- Demonstrable experience of working to conceptual briefs provided by an internal or external stakeholders and clients.
- Proven project and programme management experience and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and energetic environment.
- Excellent stakeholder and influencing skills, including communication, negotiation of deadlines and requirements, management of expectation, recommendations, quality of outputs etc.
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Peter Fahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted