CPO Strategy Lead, London or Kingswood
Reporting to the Chief People Officer
The purpose of this role is to drive the 2030 People Vision and to support CPO in key Transformation Programmes to deliver on the CPO Strategy and Vision. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the next stage of the people agenda for the business.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer this role sits on the CPO ExCo and be the senior liaison to develop and drive CPO strategy across the business. You will partner with the CPO leadership team to design and implement a strategic framework and plan across the function. Initially this role will establish a CPO strategy and strategic plan and drive the communication and engagement of CPO colleagues and senior stakeholders. This role will also work with SME’s to prioritise and align initiatives, resources and operating model to that strategic plan.
- Work with the CPO ExCo and Senior Stakeholders to set the strategic direction for the function, ensuring alignment to the 2030 Vision.
- Implement a framework that supports the CPO ExCo to join up initiatives and benefits into a measurable and cohesive strategic plan for the function, underpinned by detailed multi-year roadmaps for key transformation programmes.
- Responsible for implementing and overseeing appropriate management and governance processes to ensure effective prioritisation and decision making. Provide ongoing challenge to the CPO ExCo in this regard to ensure continued alignment to strategic priorities.
- Work with key partners, i.e. Technology and Corporate Functions to translate the strategic agenda of the CPO function, ensuring these needs are appropriately prioritised by these partners and appropriate resources are in place.
- Coordinate, narrate and showcase the multiple transformation initiatives across CPO to demonstrate clarity on purpose, vision and delivery for all CPO Group staff and Business Stakeholders.
- Take the lead on external benchmarking of CPO performance, developing KPI’s which monitor and provide transparency on the performance of the function and allows a clear tracking and articulation of CPO achievements against objectives.
- Act as owner for CPO service management, leading discussions with key stakeholders across the firm to improve CPO services and efficiency, and driving thinking on the evolution of the CPO service model.
- Work in partnership with the CPO ExCo to ensure that the organisational design and capabilities of the function is appropriately shaped to meet its strategic priorities.
- Research and engage with external parties, e.g. professional services to understand “leading practice” and emerging trends and innovations as applicable to the CPO Function.
- Partner with key partners across CPO and the business to help embed core strategic initiatives for the function such as Continuous Improvement & Digital Methodologies.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Deep experience in developing strategies with a passion for strategic thinking, and an ability to cut through. Experience in business analysis, strategy development, business case development and change management.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across regions and functions, able to build strong partnerships and to influence confidently, effectively, and collaboratively.
- Able to bring together multiple views into a coherent narrative, with an ability to remove organisational barriers and obstacles, decisive, yet collaborative.
- Experience with large scale multi-year transformation programmes
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic. Able to work independently and deliver results in an unstructured environment and reslilient to cope with sustained pressure
- A track record of challenging conventional ideas and exploring creative ideas and strategies
- Attention to detail and an appetite to dive into issues in depth as needed
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and comfortable operating at the most senior levels of an organisation.
- Excellent written English with experience in board reporting and/or business writing
- Able to narrate and present at the highest levels of the organisation. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Self-aware and able to proactively engage a range of stakeholders with a culturally-sensitive approachable to be a positive advocate for CPO across all levels and functional, national and cultural boundaries.
Job Reference: KH/16408
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.