Our client is a new performing arts center located in Manhattan seeking a Director of People & Culture to create the HR function of this new arts organization.
- New Performing Arts Center located in Manhattan!
- Mission driven and community centered arts organization
- Build and establish brand new HR function!
In this role the Director of People & Culture will use their extensive experience to act as a strategic partner to the Executive Director and Artistic Director to understand the organization’s goals and strategies and to develop, plan, implement and oversee all aspects of the human resources agenda to meet those goals. They will also trust the Director to create relevant HR policies and procedures to ensure legal and compliance requirements are being met and adhered to.
This person will be responsible for implementing, creating best practices and overseeing all aspects of HR including, but not limited to:
- Talent acquisition, development and management;
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Employee onboarding;
- HR operations including benefits and leave administration;
- HRIS systems implementation and oversight;
- Compensation and benefits;
- Employee relations.
In Addition You Must Have:
- At least 10 years of Human Resources experience, with at least 3 in an HR leadership role. Non -profit or startup experience would be preferred
- A track record of proven HR strategies to support a newly established organization
- Experience creating a mission-driven culture where DEI best practices drive company values and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in facilitation/presentation, as well as strong organizational skills and acuity with detail
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence, common sense, resourcefulness and discretion
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving in ambiguous, complex and/or high-pressure situations
- Advanced human resources certification, such as SPHR, preferred
- An interest in the arts
For further details please contact Roshan Jayawardena on email@example.com
Job code RJ/16541.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.