My client is a top law firm looking to hire a Diversity Coordinator reporting to Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Wellbeing Strategy.
General Diversity Support
- Diary management for the Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Wellbeing Strategy and the Assistant Manager, including scheduling and arranging meetings, booking rooms, coordinating diaries, travel arrangements, etc.
- Providing general administrative support service to the Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Wellbeing Strategy and the Assistant Manager, including organising and preparing for diversity meetings, filing, maintaining databases, etc.
- Responsibility for diversity communications, including maintaining and regularly updating the general diversity, awards and network sites, the weekly bulletin, Inside London calendar, social media, press releases, banners/posters/brochures, and other communication materials.
- Maintaining an efficient hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Budget compliance (e.g. maintaining the budget tracker and submitting invoices and expenses on Chrome River, etc.).
Events and Employee Networks
- Full coordination of diversity related events as set-out by diversity networks, and Assistant Manager
- Managing the Event Tracker spread sheet and the Diversity & Wellbeing diary for all network events and meetings.
- Liaising with network chairs on setting and distributing meeting agendas.
- Attending and following-up on actions from network committee meetings.
- Event logistics including liaising with speakers and networks to schedule event dates, organising room bookings, signage, badges, catering, and liaising with internal and external suppliers on requirements, etc.
- Event communications including drafting, publishing, and advertising invitations for diversity and employee network events. Maintaining invitation lists and RSVP/reminders.
- Managing the logistics and set-up and attending all diversity related events on the day.
- Distributing evaluation questionnaires and evaluating feedback from events.
- Keeping the Assistant Manager updated on event logistics on a weekly basis and as required.
- Liaising with relevant internal stakeholders (i.e. key contacts throughout the firm including in the BD, People Development, Events, and Citizenship teams) on events and other relevant diversity activities.
Diversity Statistics, Reporting, and Awards
- Managing diversity statistics and all requests for statistics, including quarterly updates, statistics for reporting, benchmarks, award submissions, and client/pitch and other requests, and ensuring consistency in reporting the same figures for all.
- Having a thorough understanding of diversity statistics, including what we can and cannot report on, and liaising with appropriate contacts (i.e. Workday Team, Graduate Recruitment, other regional diversity contacts) for statistics.
- Managing the Award & PR tracker spread sheet.
- Assisting the Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Wellbeing Strategy and the Assistant Manager with completing external benchmarks, accreditations, and award submissions.
- Undertaking specific ad hoc projects as directed by the Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Wellbeing Strategy and the Assistant Manager.
- Assisting with research for projects, policy reviews and employment updates.
- Assisting with reports, presentations and project plans as required and distributing finished materials to relevant parties.
- Attending external diversity events and forums
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in diversity and inclusion with relevant experience in the management and co-ordination of events.
- Experience of organising high profile and complex eventss
- Highly organised and able to run multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and inclusive approach.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and work as part of a team, across roles and departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Able to communicate with and to stakeholders at all levels confidently.
- Technical skills: Excellent Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work proactively in a complex organisational environment.
- Exceptionally high quality standards and attention to detail.
- Resilient and able to thrive under pressure.
- Confident in liaising with senior internal clients.
- Comfortable with changing needs and priorities.
- Flexibility and willingness to support other team members.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-directed approach.
- Good working knowledge of, and experience of diversity and inclusion or HR function in professional services, financial services, legal services, corporate or blue chip environment