Our client is a one of the leading international law firms looking to hire a global D&I Manager for their London, office.
Title: D&I Manager
Reports to: International Head of Recruitment, Emerging Talent and Diversity & Inclusion.
This role is responsible for managing the delivery of the D&I plan, delivering on D&I programmes and initiatives and is responsible for executing against the actions and goals of the firm wide D&I strategy. It sits within the HR function, and works closely with all practice groups and regional offices.
The key focus of this role will be managing the operational execution for D&I and ensuring connectivity across the firm to the D&I agenda. The person will be a technical D&I expert, bringing insight and ideas to the company and be sued to being responsible for an end to end D&I plan.
- Deliver on actions to meet the strategy and track and assess progress against actions
- Set a plan in place for working towards goals and objectives
- Coordinate firm wide actions and share progress across the firm
- Manage the delivery of firm wide events and activities
- Manage a calendar of events in year and manage the preparation for each one
- Deliver against external charters and commitments
- Manage deliverables against budget
- Ensure other teams deliver against their responsibilities and keep them informed
- Provide skills and direction for others to deliver in their roles
- Coordinate all activity across the firm so there is consistency and collaboration
- Work closely with the other D&I teams (internal) to ensure they align to firm wide actions
- Provide regular and timely updates on actions, deliverables and achievements
- Manage the networks and strands to ensure they align to the global strategy
- Work closely with HRBP’s and HR COE’s to ensure they are equipped with skills and understanding to embed D&I in their PG/IO teams and across the region
- Plan and deliver against a yearly schedule of key company events and celebrations that are firm wide
- Manage support for the regions and networks to deliver on their own key regional and strand specific events
- Be innovative in bringing ideas and different approaches to events
- Bring external insight to the company and share
- Keep the company up to date on external D&I thinking and share openly
- Identify new and innovative opportunity that the company might want to engage with and take up
- Develop own knowledge and expertise and also develop the firms technical knowledge and expertise in D&I
- Attend relevant external events and bring learnings back
- Review and provide updates on data and measure regularly, embed into dashboards and regular meaningful reporting and insights
- Share and collaborate on insight obtained and ensure shared with relevant groups
- Take part in benchmarking activities and external surveys
- Manage materials and briefing documents for leaders across the firm to support communication and key D&I events
- Manage materials and agenda for the Inclusion Council and prepare sponsor and HRD/Head of D&I in advance
- Develop toolkit and best practice skills that can be shared across the firm to upskill all employees in D&I
- Ensure communication are in place on all key D & I activities
- Works closely with communication team to align D&I communication both internally and externally
- Deliver on a communications plan that is agreed and mapped out
- Ensure teams are kept updated on what the D&I teams are working on
- Manage a bank of materials and papers for the D&I/CSR strategy and agenda that are easily accessible and reusable
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
• Passion for D&I
• Strong demonstrable skills in D&I delivery, with a particular focus on delivering results, actions and planning
•Experience leading D&I teams, or being part of a D&I team is preferred
• Evidence of managing events, networks, communications in D&I, toolkits and best practice required
•Willingness to be agile and adapt what’s needed at short notice and depending on changing circumstances
• Able to work on own and be a self-starter to get things done and moving and equally as part of a wider team
• Able to get work done quickly and effectively, but also with the right level of quality either on own or through a team
• Able to work to deliver against goals
• Being comfortable in leading operational delivery of D&I
• Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
• Operational delivery skills as well as influencing and communication skills
• Ability to make an impact
• Strong delivery focus and highly motivated to manage and provide excellent advice and deliver results
• Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
• Confident enough to challenge constructively, combined with a level of resilience
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.