An opportunity has arisen for a Global Mobility Consultant to work for leading Global consultancy
The Global Mobility team facilitate the effective movement of associates on international assignments. Providing a dedicated resource to advise on and co-ordinate all aspects of international assignments the Global Mobility Consultant will act as the main contact for transferring associates and HR Partners, in home and host location.
Purpose of the role:
To support the Global Mobility Manager and Global Mobility team in the provision of an efficient and effective delivery of the Group HR Strategy and maximise the potential of the Company’s Human Resources. The main purpose of the role is to manage the effective movement of colleagues on international assignments within a defined region or business
- To act as subject matter expert on all aspects of international assignments within the region or business.
- To manage and deliver a successful International Assignments function.
- To ensure full tax, social security and immigration compliance for all assignees within the region.
There are two main aspects to the role: overall management of designated international assignments and process implementation and on-going development. The role sits within the within the HR department and there is the opportunity to contribute to wider Reward or general HR projects and activities.
- Overall management of Global Mobility activities
- Education of stakeholders including other members of the HR function, other members of the Global Mobility team and wider business in respect of policy, process and compliance implications of cross-border moves.
- Effective management and communication within the Global Mobility team.
- Ensuring on-going compliance for cross-border assignments within the region/business via regular audits of documentation and discussion with HR Advisory group.
- Process implementation
- Assist in the on-going process review, establishing new/revised procedures and processes to complement and support the rollout; On-going process design and re-engineering.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate external advisers and third party providers as well as stakeholders of the group concerned with international assignments;
- Supports, monitors and manages all activities undertaken by vendors (including measurement of performance against SLAs) and internal corporate partners
- Produce and analyse metrics and reporting on trends, costs, status, and issues relating to international assignments providing recommendations for updating and maintaining the International Assignment Policy as appropriate.
- Proactively monitor changes in legalisation and mobility protocols adapting and advising the approach appropriately.
- Provide excellent global mobility services to colleagues moving on long and short secondments and permanent moves
- Carries out secondment and transfer briefings including in depth discussion on compensation elements, policy and procedures and processes for the secondment or transfer
- Provides continuing support and advice to the colleague during the move and whilst at post of secondment
- Prepares secondment documentation and calculations including cost estimates, pay sheets (balance sheets, build-ups, etc.) using third party data and calculators
- Organizes HR Partner updates and briefings on case load; prospects and at post secondees
- Day to day interface with shared services team members
- Any other reasonable request compatible with the role as requested.
Critical relationships will be with: HR Business Partners; other members of the Global Mobility Team; Payroll Managers; Corporate Tax; Vendors; Heads of Practice, Operations Managers and Practice Leaders; International Assignees.
- Previous experience of International Assignments/Global Mobility
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work demands
- Ability to educate and influence key stakeholders
- Flexible approach to managing workload
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to analyse complex situations/data and identify options for action.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge and experience of adhering to and providing guidance on company policies and procedures
- Computer literacy MS Office, Excel, Word and expatriate tax tools (data, tax, assignment management tools)
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Experience of working as part of multi-disciplinary team
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren at firstname.lastname@example.org