Our client is a global law firm looking for a Graduate Development Executive to join their HR team.
You will support the Graduate Manager managing the graduate development programmes for the UK offices and giving assistance to our global offices, both from a strategic and operational level. This involves the induction and development of approximately 50 trainees per year, providing strategic support and guidance to trainees and supervisors in relation to training contract requirements and trainee related matters. As this is a new team there is the opportunity to bring in fresh ideas and the scope to take on more strategic projects.
- Responsible for organising the seat rotations process across the UK programmes, including the allocation of international and client secondments.
- Responsible for coordinating the work permit requirements for incoming trainees.
- Review all trainee appraisals to ensure that they are in line to pass all their relevant competencies are performing at the required standard.
- Providing strategic and confidential advice, guidance and solutions to trainees and supervisors as needed regarding appraisals and performance needs.
- Overseeing trainee employee relations issues including, performance, sickness, absence and disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Escalating issues to the Graduate Manager, HR Partners and HR Business Partners as appropriate.
- Coordinating the qualification process, ensuring that trainees have the opportunity to be offered a permanent role in line with business needs.
- To hold regular 1-1 meetings with trainees to discuss development needs and provide guidance in relation to their overall training contract.
- Management of GDL and LPC students, including developing keep-in touch events, providing pastoral support and managing any exam failures.
- To support the Graduate Manager and Learning and Development team in the design and implementation of the trainee induction programme and other internal training sessions.
- Delivering training sessions both internally and externally as required.
- Keeping up to date on SRA regulations. Ensuring the firm is in compliance.
- Involved in the promotion of the company on campus across the UK including Careers Fairs, Presentations and Skills Workshops.
- Management of budget streams and reporting to Graduate Manager regarding activity and ROI.
- Proven experience in Graduate Development, or within a generalist HR role with some proven experience of running rotation programmes. Ideally within a law firm, Financial Services or Professional Services environment.
- First-rate communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work with senior stakeholders and staff at all levels to build strong internal relationships.
- Ability to influence others and manage senior stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and pro-actively and problem solve.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and respond to multiple service requests, often while working under tight time constraints.
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren at email@example.com