Our client is a leading financial institution, due to a recent internal move they are now looking for a Manager to come in and oversee their EMEA region.
- International client
- London based
- Financial Services
This role is directly responsible for managing a small team and will report to the Global Head of Compensation. This is an EMEA focused role and therefore you will need to demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the international landscape. Benefits is regarded as a separate entity so we are looking for a true compensation expert who has a full understanding of all of the regulatory requirements that are currently in play within the financial services sector.
The Compensation Manager responsibilities include: project planning & management of compensation related projects, overseeing the work of compensation consultants, directing the development of communications materials, determining program implementation requirements and defining compensation processes. Provide strategic consultative services to the lines of business throughout the EMEA region regarding base salary and incentive compensation programs to meet business objectives.
Proactively partners on compensation projects and programs with Human Resources managers, Line of Business managers, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and International Compensation and Benefits. Ensures compensation projects are successfully and properly implemented. Determines resource allocation and staff project assignments to meet required deadlines and deliverables. Oversees the coordination of compensation survey participation and survey data analysis in the EMEA region to drive market competitive assessments. Works closely with the EMEA HR Manager(s) to identify and manage FCA Remuneration Code (‘Code Staff’) related issues and other regulatory matters related to employee compensation.
Maintains subject matter expertise on existing and proposed statutory compensation requirements and recommends appropriate course of action. Creates presentations and conducts educational sessions for line of business leaders and peers on compensation topics and concerns specific to the EMEA region. Works with team to develop training and education material to broaden the knowledge of HR professionals through the organization. Responsible for the professional development, performance management and hiring of compensation professional staff.
- A solid background in International Compensation with an emphasis in the EMEA region.
- Experience in managing projects, defining processes and implementing compensation programs.
- Extensive incentive plan design expertise, including a comprehensive knowledge of EMEA regulations.
- Effective Leadership abilities and strong team management skills.
- Strong business acumen, detail oriented, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, team player, results oriented, self-motivated, and innovative.
- Expert strategic, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Expert at managing multiple clients and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- CIPD Reward Management certification a strong plus.
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren on firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Code KM/12421