Our client is a leading international professional services providing engineering consultancy, design, planning and project management services for buildings, infrastructure, and the environment.
They are currently looking for an immediately available candidate to lead and manage the Europe based team of HR Consultants, providing overall operational HR expertise and support across the Business’ European region, comprising currently of staff and operations in Germany, Poland and Denmark.
Strategy, Operations, Consulting, Recruiting, People Development, Compliance and Controlling
- To support the business strategies and plans within appropriate global HR framework, policies and procedures in line with local employment, tax and social security regulations
- Providing guidance and direction in HR matters to assist the staff in driving a high performance culture
- Developing relationships with, and working alongside, managers and other key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of the HR strategies with the business strategies
- Ensuring that all European partner and employee benefits are well managed to maximise benefits and minimise risk to the business
- Owning the Europe HR data and ensuring the data, metrics and analysis are of highest order and provided within the required time-frames
- Ensuring that the recruitment and selection process in the region attract and retain high calibre talent in line with the business strategies and succession planning
- Utilising the Global HR frameworks for talent management, learning & development, succession planning, global mobility, employee engagement, retention, remuneration and reward
- Leading the European HR Team in the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures in line with the overall business strategy, legislation and Global HR Strategies
- Capability mapping of existing and future staff, working alongside managers to ensure the optimal departmental structure and reporting relationships are in place to deliver business objectives
- Providing support, guidance and coaching to the Regional MD, Partners and managers in the strategic, people management and communications of the performance management process, organising relevant training where appropriate and implementing the necessary development plans
- Ensuring that the HR teams provide quality and timely advice to the managers and staff on ER issues, local employment legislation and ‘Best Practice’ as required
- Working with regional management teams to review resourcing plans and define short and medium term resourcing strategies in collaboration with the Head of Global Resourcing, Reward and HR Operations
- Proactively developing and engaging into a growing environment concept, providing the necessary support and encouraging a friendly, goal-oriented working culture.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant degree at Bachelors or higher level
- 8-10 years of generalist HR with a strong bias on recruitment - this is essential.
- Proven experience in applying regional employment-, tax- and security-related legislation
- Very people oriented, approachable, at the same time highly sensitive for the business and its strategy
- Experience of providing a day-to-day operational HR services next to first experiences in strategy building, formulation and implementation.
- Experience of working within the engineering sector or professional services
- Previous experience of working in an international environment, preferably US or UK, also Poland and Denmark
- Relevant HR professional certification preferred
- Availability to travel regularly within Europe.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com. #KH1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.