Our client is a global professional services organisation looking for a HR Advisor to join their team.
The purpose of the HR Advisor role is to provide dedicated support to the HR Business Services departments (client groups) and manage the day to day operational issues that arise.
The HR Advisor will work with the HR Business Partners and their client groups to design and deliver effective HR solutions. The role will also involve assisting with and coordinating HR projects.
Analytics and Management Information
The HR Advisor will take responsibility for the monthly production of various HR reports for the HR Ops team, including but not limited to:
- Attrition analysis
- Statistics and utilisation reports for Partners and the Board
- Secondment reporting
- Talent Management reporting
Assisting with Talent Management and Moderation process
- Facilitate the process by producing and collating documentation; creating reports via Excel and the HRIS; producing PowerPoint slides and taking and transcribing notes during the annual Talent Management and Moderation meetings.
- Circulate actions to the relevant parties and assist with follow ups
- Assist the HR Business Partners with the annual salary review process working as a project team with the HR Business Partners and the Senior HR team.
- Manage the co-ordination and preparation of salary review documentation for the groups and ultimately, the Board.
Career Development Review
- Work with HR Coordinators to ensure that the CDR record is kept updated to enable accurate analysis of the data.
- Coordinate fee earner Career Development Framework sessions with Learning and Development.
- Dealing with adhoc HR queries as they arise, providing advice and mediation for employee relation issues.
- Carrying out end of probation review meetings, monitoring probation periods including follow up performance reviews and managing termination meetings where necessary
- Advising Partners, Managers and employees on policies and procedures.
- Coordination of disciplinary and grievance meetings; taking notes or where appropriate running the grievance/disciplinary investigation/hearings
- Conducting new joiner catch up meetings and exit interviews.
- Assisting the HR Business Partners with restructures, consultation and redundancy procedures.
- Advising on maternity/adoption, paternity and parental leave processes.
- Managing flexible working application process for employees.
- Absence Management – proactively monitoring absence levels, dealing with long term sickness, preparing occupational health referrals and liaising with Benefits team regarding Group Income Protection claims.
- Managing secondments for your groups.
- Reviewing and checking documentation for new starters/leavers and change of circumstances forms.
- Working with the wider HR team to communicate and share expertise with the wider team.
- Working with the HR Coordinators on the first day induction process.
- Assisting the HR Business Partners with a Continuous Development Conversations project (evolution from annual appraisals to regular feedback and career conversations) across the fee earning groups.
- Working with the HR Business Partners, senior HR team and the business on various change-management projects within the firm.
- Liaising with Resourcing team on recruitment authorisations.
- Keeping client groups' organisational charts updated.
- Assisting the international HR team with visa applications and the Global Associate Programme.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working at advisor/coordinator level, ideally gained in a professional services environment.
- An understanding of current employment Law, particularly with regard to employee relation issues.
- Strong IT skills, good experience of HR databases and advanced user of Excel with the ability to manipulate and analyse data.
- Evidence of strong project management skills.
- Graduate or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified or working towards qualification.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Able to use initiative and flexible in thinking and approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and resilient.
- Integrity and discretion.
- Client focused.
- Strong team player essential.
- Commercially astute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to inspire confidence and respect at all levels
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Agata Staszewska-Palka at email@example.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.