We are looking for an established and ambitious HR Advisor. The HR Advisor will be supporting our Global HR Business Partner and will be accountable for ensuring they have all the information they require in order to provide a view of Customer Care and Studio. The HR Advisor will provide a true generalist HR support across the management and employee population and is a great opportunity for someone with excellent HR knowledge and a commercial eye to get stuck in and take the next step towards further progression in their HR career.
• Work alongside the Global HR Business Partner to provide pragmatic and commercial HR advice and support to the manager and employee population, drawing on regional HR contacts as well as Centres of Excellence to deliver a best in class HR service
• Responsible for 1:1’s with the Junior/mid-level management population, providing regular updates to your HRBP.
• Confidently and independently manage a variety of case work including complex investigation, disciplinary or grievance hearings through to flexible working requests, absence and performance issues whilst coaching line managers on the process.
• Proactively build people management capability across the client group to enable line managers to confidently and autonomously handle people issues
• Collate and help to deliver quarterly People Decks to the business, including analysing data and providing recommendations on appropriate actions and interventions to address areas of concern
• Facilitate employee relation workshops across the group to support in building the capability of managers in regard to their people management. Maintain training decks and ensure they are legally compliant.
• Maintain the upkeep of company policies and handbook, ensuring effective communication to the wider business.
• Assist the Global HR Business Partner in rolling out annual initiatives including the annual salary review process as well as team and departmental performance/potential moderation meetings
• Conduct exit interviews where appropriate, ensuring that exit interview feedback is gathered and reviewed regularly, with any themes or trends highlighted
• Work alongside the Global HR Business Partner and the Group Learning and Development team, use your business understanding to proactively suggest new initiatives and projects to help to develop the engagement and development of our people
• Provide support to the Global HR Business Partner in relation to any change activity (structural, cultural or otherwise) across the client group
• Ownership for the day to management and sign off for new and replacement headcount in your client area, working directly with managers to understand their needs and assisting them in writing business cases where appropriate
• Work alongside the Recruitment team to help to define the recruitment processes and help to conduct interviews/selection where needed
• Work closely with HR Operations to ensure accurate and timely people data is processed on behalf of the client group to deliver a seamless service
• Participate in broader, HR wide projects in line with our HR plan and strategy across the group.
Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in an HR Generalist role, providing an excellent and proactive service to a diverse and fast-paced client area (ideally in a creative environment).
• An understanding of current employment legislation and topical HR issues with experience of independently managing a range of Employee Relations cases
• Passionate about a career in HR and delivering a proactive, value-add service to the business
• Able to use creativity and initiative to continue to evolve the HR function and as a result help drive forward the value we add to the business
• A positive and can-do attitude, we are not keen on ‘computer says no’ people!
• Articulate with excellent writing skills and good eye for detail
• Open to feedback with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
• Great sense of humour, empathy and work ethic
• Service driven with proven ability to work to tough deadlines
• Can handle confidential information and work with discretion
• Good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
Reports to: Global HR Business Partner
You will be based at our Distribution Centre in London, however you will need to visit our UK Head office in Westfield, London, W12 at least twice a week.
Your hours will be 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Fridays however some flexibility may be required.
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren on firstname.lastname@example.org.