Company and department
Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Human Resources department provides support and strategy at every level of the firm’s business. It helps both the firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation. HR generalists partner with individual business units to deliver services in data analysis, employee relations, compensation analysis and performance management. Other HR teams are product-focused, specialising in compensation, benefits, recruiting, reporting and learning and development services
The potential candidate will work within a team of 3, with the team collectively being responsible for partnering with the Fixed Income Division (FID). The FID has approx. 650 employees based in London and across the key European jurisdictions. You must be able to partner with Product teams based in London as well as with HR colleagues in other EMEA locations, New York and Asia. The role reports into the EMEA Head of Sales & Trading HR Coverage.
The ideal candidate must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a broad range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
- Work with the business to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
- Liaise with in-house Legal advisors & Employee Relations where necessary.
- Proactively partner with the business and the internal recruitment team on lateral recruitment activities, including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates.
- Partner with and, where appropriate, influence managers to ensure we are hiring the right calibre of candidates.
- Work with managers and the Compensation team to determine appropriate compensation levels for new hires.
- Ensure that all regulatory aspects of the hiring process are fulfilled including working closely with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team on any guarantee approvals required.
- Manage the recruitment approval process with the business unit and the NY HR team.
- Advise managers and employees on mobility and international transfer issues as required. Working with Corporate Tax, the Visa Team, Compliance and Employment Law on complex transfers.
- Actively market the company employment proposition on various ad hoc initiatives and if involved in any specific hiring.
- Act as an HR partner for aligned areas. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients across several groups, demonstrating the appropriate flexibility of style to work with different clients, at all levels.
- Act as a key point of contact to clients and provide guidance and recommendations on aspects of policy and people management.
- Work with other team members to ensure seamless client coverage.
- Partner with the HR Data team to provide appropriate and timely management data and presenting this to the business unit as required.
- Partner with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team to identify roles captured by regulations and manage the individuals and requirements of the regulations.
- Liaise with the business unit in relation to the requirements of the Senior Manager Certification regime and the compensation implications.
- Participate in the divisional talent ranking process for the EMEA region.
- Ensure changes to the cyclical performance evaluation process are introduced and understood by the business
- Intervene on any evaluation summaries to reflect performance issues and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
- Manage a seamless promotion process (for certain levels of promotion), including the provision of metrics, training managers on form completion, advising training panel members and independent assessors to ensure a fair, robust and transparent process.
- Implementation of the division’s Talent Strategy (as appropriate).
- Partner with the business to develop and implement their annual diversity plan.
Reward and Compensation
- Work collaboratively with managers, the data team and HR counterparts in NY during the annual Year End compensation processes.
- Advise managers to ensure appropriate compensation decisions are made based upon performance, parity of awards, promotion etc.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
- Conducting monthly audits to ensure data is accurate and reliable.
- Advising managers on compensation structures and regulatory requirements at all levels.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Strong foundation of HR generalist experience gained within a corporate environment
- Broad understanding of the Regulatory Remuneration environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to build relationships with managers at all levels
- Methodical, rational and logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Compensation/data experience or aptitude; strong numerical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Willingness to seek and identify alternative solutions when faced with an obstacle
- Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable whilst aware of own limitations and of when to seek guidance from more experienced colleagues
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Flexible and professional approach
- Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues
- Ability to operate effectively within a global, matrix organisation
- Focus on excellence and delivery to clients
- High standards of integrity
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Peter Fahy at email@example.com.
Job Reference: PF/16387
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.