Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Due to business growth and an international move a position is available for a generalist HR business partner to offer advisory support across the EMEA Investment Banking (IBD) and Capital Markets (GCM) divisions, reporting into the lead HRBP for GCM.
You will be part of a close-knit team as well as have close interaction with the full range of HR disciplines and work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. You will be primarily responsible for the EMEA offices across IBD and GCM.
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business as well as become involved in ad-hoc project work as required.
- Work with IBD/GCM Management to effectively manage the EMEA offices across IBD and GCM.
- Work closely with regional counterparts to ensure effective delivery of global processes
- Support the associate to manage Analyst & Associate population across IBD and GCM.
- Operate as a collaborative member of the EMEA IBD/GCM team.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal HR colleagues to ensure a cohesive HR service delivery to the business.
- Work with the business to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with managers & legal counsel to manage redundancy processes.
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues independently, taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcomes. This includes liaison with in-house Legal advisors where necessary.
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
- Work with the business around international relocations to ensure best practice and cost effectiveness.
- Partner with the Experienced Recruitment team to manage permanent hires
- Understand and comply with the Firm’s obligations under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime in order to onboard new hires and transfers in line with the Firm’s obligations.
- Ensure the performance evaluation process is communicated and managed across the groups.
- Intervene on any evaluation summaries to reflect performance issues and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
- Analyse feedback from exit interviews and interpret/respond to feedback as required.
- Work with the business and global HR counterparts to effectively manage cyclical processes (promotion, compensation, roundtables)
- Support the HRBP leads to run the EMEA IBD and GCM roundtables.
- Work with Talent Development, Campus Programme Management and the business to attract and develop junior talent
Diversity & Inclusion
- Work collaboratively with the business to encourage the attraction and development of our diverse populations.
- Lead on D&I initiatives for either IBD or GCM.
Reward and Compensation
- Co-manage the Analyst Year End compensation process.
- Work with the HR Data team to provide appropriate management data.
- Work collaboratively with managers, data team and HR counterparts in EMEA and the US during the Year End compensation processes.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
- Assist in the completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, working closely with the Data Manager and Administrator, giving guidance as necessary.
Experience / Technical Skills required
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- CIPD qualification preferred.
- A proven background within HR at Associate/AVP level looking for their next challenge in financial services
- An ability to manage and develop relationships within matrix management structures.
- A strong team player with the ability to operate independently, pro-actively and collaborate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to influence and persuade clients and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change.
- Strong results focus and ability to deliver.
- Rational and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues.
- Strong appreciation of employment related risks, with ability to identify and escalate.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Peter Fahy at email@example.com.
Job Reference: PF/16233
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.