Our client is a well-regarded construction firm looking to hire a business partner to work directly for the Operations Director and HR head of Operations. As they are working to their 10 year plan they are looking for this individual to provide a first-class Human Capital Service. To create, manage, advise and implement HR activities competently and confidentially, maintaining an active working link to Group to ensure consistency.
- Coach and mentor Senior Managers on the HR strategy for the business, ensuring it is linked to the strategic goals of the business.
- Undertake special projects on behalf of the Head of HC Operations or HC Director.
- Understand business aims and objectives, and ensure local practices align with this.
- Minimise risk to the business and ensure compliance with Human Capital policies and procedures.
- Ensure a customer-focused, consistent and efficient first line advice, guidance and support service is maintained.
- Keep up to date on all legislative changes and ensure the development of commercially viable policies and procedures to support those changes and the needs of the business.
- Identify and deliver solutions to support the HR needs of line managers.
- Manage all ER ‘projects’ such as TUPE, redundancy, reorgs and restructures.
- Ensure proactive, accurate and timely management of all employee relations cases, such as Discipline, Grievance, Dismissal, Appeals, Redundancy and TUPE.
- Work to upskill and develop managers on performance and capability issues, including Performance Improvement Plans, action plans, etc. to enable the Company to deliver a world class workforce.
To apply for this position you will be a commercially oriented business partner ideally within the construction/civil-engineering sector. You will have a proven experience and comprehensive track record of managing employee relations cases, including TUPE, Restructuring & Redundancy.
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren on firstname.lastname@example.org.