HR Continuous Improvement & Innovation Lead
Reports To: Head of CPO Transformation
Hybrid work model, Surrey and London
Our client is a long-established global investment management firm.
CPO Transformation is a newly formed team responsible for driving change and innovation within CPO. This includes prioritising the right initiatives to drive forward the people strategy and meet the needs of the global businesses and working closely with a broad range of solution providers including Technology, Business Change and Process Simplification teams to ensure initiatives are successfully implemented and embedded.
Purpose of the role:
CPO is responsible for delivering a wide range of different change initiatives to meet the needs of the employees and global businesses. These can include global programmes that enhance the employee experience, drive diversity and inclusion and develop the culture, as well as regulatory initiatives, operational transformation programmes, and small scale enhancements that improve the way we operate. The Continuous Improvement and Innovation Lead will be responsible for driving the continuous improvement of CPO - identifying challenges and enhancements from across the group and delivering rapid and effective solutions. The Lead will have accountability for establishing, leading and embedding a new implementation model that covers the whole change lifecycle from the gathering of requirements through to governance and prioritisation, and ultimately delivery and benefits realisation. It’s a varied and challenging role that will also be responsible for driving innovation across CPO - finding and implementing the best solutions and ways of working to help CPO meet the needs of the businesses.
- Lead Continuous Improvement in CPO
- Develop and implement a new continuous improvement model across CPO to prioritise, oversee and deliver a wide range of initiatives (including process reviews and small scale system enhancements)
- Operate as the CPO Product Owner as part of ongoing change prioritisation, ensuring that change is prioritised and delivered to meet both the immediate and longer needs of CPO teams
- Establish a new governance model to drive continuous improvement
- Partner effectively with delivery teams (including Process Simplification, Technology, and specialist teams within CPO) and other change teams, focusing on building strong relationships and workflows that enable the rapid, high-quality delivery of CI initiatives.
- Implement new reporting and monitoring for Continuous Improvement to track backlogs, budgets, and delivery volumes, as well as to demonstrate value and celebrate success. Drive Innovation
- Drive a focus on innovation, simplification, and efficiency across CPO, promoting new ways of working and upskilling teams and leaders across the group where required.
- Create an ongoing conversation about continuous improvement in CPO.
- Establish a new innovation platform to capture ideas and tackle key challenges, ensuring that ideas are fed through into change governance forums where required and that engagement with continuous improvement is recognised and rewarded across CPO.
- Actively seek out best practice and new opportunities to challenge and enhance CPO processes and find new ways of working.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Strong track record in the leadership of continuous improvement and innovation programmes, ideally with experience of agile project delivery.
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across regions and functions.
- Able to build strong partnerships and to influence confidently and effectively to deliver on CPO wide projects and initiatives, with an ability to remove organisational barriers and obstacles
- Experience with, and a keen in interest in, innovation and emerging technologies.
- Able to act as a bridge to ensure new technologies can be applied to solve organisational challenges and enhance operational efficiency.
- Strong track record of managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, understanding business needs, and managing resources to deliver consistent results to bring initiatives to successful completion.
- Able to manage ambiguity while bringing a process mindset.
- Action Oriented: Thriving on new opportunities and challenges with high energy, enthusiasm, and sense of urgency.
Job code: KH/16514
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.