Our client is a large charity affiliated with a reputable, successful and global organization. They are specifically looking for a Head of HR to lead an existing team (2 direct reports), supporting a client group of +150. The role will oversee all areas of HR including employee relations, performance management, succession planning, employee development, organizational development, recruitment, policies and payroll. The successful candidate will interact with many different stakeholders including paid employees, volunteers and lay leaders.
Although this role is within a non-for-profit, we are targeting someone that has proven success in the corporate world. Ideally looking for someone that is calm and mature in handling challenging conversations with both employees and managers. They should also be confident in partnering with a passionate client group to ensure that risk is always being mitigated.
- Set an overall HR strategy for the organization and ensure that goals are met in line with the organization’s overall strategy
- Lead the HR team and drive high performance
- Recruitment and on-boarding of senior leaders
- Change management relating to restructuring
- Risk and Compliance management
- Review and improve performance management system, including compensation reviews.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and development
- A desire and aptitude for a role that combines both strategic and operational HR
- Strong general HR management experience at a senior level
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Ability to understand a niche organization with its own intricacies and politics
- A self-starter with a professional and consultative style
- Demonstrable ability to lead, manage and develop a team of staff
- Ability to work autonomously and manage one’s time efficiently
- Strong client-facing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- A full driving license and a car
For further information please contact Rosh Jayawardena at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Code RJ/13202.