Our client is a leading global investment management organisation looking for HR GDPR Manager.
- Dublin based
- Reports into Head of Executive Compensation
As the HR GDPR Manager you will work with relevant functional teams within HR and relevant cross functional specialist regulatory teams to ensure compliance with GDPR regulations on an ongoing basis, and ensuring appropriate remediation plan are in place where these are necessary. The role will work closely with functional HR Data Stewards and Data Owners to maintain accurate records of the processing of personal data.
A key part of the role will be to identify areas requiring strengthening and to work with the relevant teams to drive forward improvement initiatives in an efficient and effective manner.
- Become Subject Matter Expert for the day to day management of data within HR
- Work with relevant HR functional Data Owners and Stewards to ensure that data governance processes are managed effectively to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Work with the Data Protection Officer to ensure a consistent approach is performed across the wider business
- Proactively look at root causes of data breaches and work with colleagues to drive process improvement and change
- Work closely with Data Stewards to assess reporting of data breaches on the Risk function’s Bwise application, understand trends and issues, identify opportunities for improvement in processes and escalate issues where necessary
- Work with Data Owners, Stewards and other key stakeholders to review and assess the HR records retention schedule, ensure that appropriate deletion mechanisms are in place and that deletion schedules are kept and met
- Provide regular accurate reporting to the Chief People Office Leadership Team (CPOLT) on data management and issues
- Data Issue Management, working with the Data Governance function to prevent errors
- Own and manage any record management responsibilities as outlined by the Data Owner
- Maintain the Information Asset Register (IAR) for HR, working with relevant Data Owners & Stewards
- Regularly review and assess the Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) submitted by HR Data Stewards to understand trends and minimise the Data Protection risks of new projects and initiatives
We are looking for someone with previous experience in Experience in a Data Specialist / Data Controller /Data Protection or Compliance function, ideally from Financial Services organisation. The person in this role need to have good awareness of regulatory requirements strong understanding of HR records management. In addition we are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate & influence effectively verbally and in writing across all levels as required
- Ability to produce strong business cases to influence and support functional requirements
- Self-motivated and positive approach to deliver high quality work and meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to seeking information and identify solutions
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Project management and communication skills essential
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-KH1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.