HR Generalist, London based with flexible working
Our client is leading global advisory business. The Firm is headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
They are looking to appoint a HR Generalist, reporting to the COO/CFO. You will support on a range of day to day administrative tasks, primarily for HR plus general office/facilities administrative requirements. To be successful, this role requires a positive ‘can-do’ approach, a helpful deposition and commitment to high standards, discretion and professionalism.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day responsibility for the global HR function
- Assist with developing and implementation of the employment policies and practices; ensure employment contracts and HR documents are up to date with current employment laws in the jurisdictions that the firm has employees
- Deal with front line employee and manager requests and escalate as necessary
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding of all employees (subscription to benefits, employee references checking ..)
- Manage and administer sickness records, employee leave and holidays, benefits, pensions, as well as be the first point of contact for all benefits-related issues
- Data management: keep all employee record and HRIS updates, check data and reports for accuracy, prepare data and reports as requested
- Payroll preparation; tracking monthly changes, preparing summary email
- Draft employee job descriptions and letters e.g. references (including regulatory references), welcome email, pass probation letters, role change etc.
- Assisting line managers in the recruitment process of new employees
- Coordinate the annual performance management process.
- Support the COO/CFO throughout the compensation process.
- Liaising with the firms outsourced HR provider in the US
- Liaising with the UK compliance function to assist in ensuring the firm is compliant in HR related SMCR matters
- Liaising with the Hong Kong compliance function to assist in ensuring the firm is compliant in HR related ‘Manager in Charge’ matters
- Ensuring that the firm is compliant in HR related GDPR matters
- Working with COO/CFO to review and negotiate benefits packages globally; assist with the coordination of data required.
- Other adhoc administrative matters in respect of HR
- Working with CFO/COO and partners on adhoc HR related initiatives as required
- Hold responsibility for the day-to-day running of the office including facilities management, office supplier relationships, cost optimisations and all administrative activities.
- Be responsible for planning, running and managing company events
- Manage the upkeep of the office; liaise with the landlord/building management, manage meeting rooms, catering and general upkeep.
- Be responsible for office health & safety, fire safety and general building compliance matters.
- Ensure that all new starter equipment such as building pass, email account, computer, mobile phone, desk, desk telephone and basic stationery is organised prior to the start date
- Establishing and enforcing appropriate office policies and procedures
- Help to complete and review risk assessments on a regular ongoing basis
For further details please contact Kirstin Hunt on email@example.com.
Job code KH/16046.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.