Our client is a global investment company based out of the UK, and experiencing steady growth in the Asia Pacific Region. Known for building long-term growth strategies in their investment approach, they have placed key focus on the Asia market where Japan has been dominating their regional portfolio in recent years.
• Lead the local HR function and deliver the full range of HR service as a trusted advisor to the business
• Have an opportunity to work on strategic HR initiatives related to organization development and change management
• Work in professional environment with high calibre individuals
• Competitive salary, stable working environment, and opportunity to work in a regional team
As the HR Manager and leader of the Japan HR function, you will be responsible for delivering the full spectrum of strategic and operational HR services related to: recruitment, training and development, performance management, employee relations, C&B, and HR operations (including payroll/SI).
• Proactively support senior management in design and implementation of short and long-term people related strategies
• Act as a trusted advisor for Japan employees and managers on all HR matters
• Collaborate with overseas counterparts on global HR projects and policies related to compliance reviews, wellness initiatives, employee engagement, etc.
• Own HR policies and practices related to: recruitment strategy, performance management, training, employee relations, C&B administration, HRIS, and in compliance with local labour laws.
• Responsible for HR Audits and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance
The successful candidate will be a well-experienced HR Professional with an energetic approach, highly communicative, and with a “can-do” attitude. This role will manage one part-time staff who is responsible for payroll/SI administration, so the relevant applicant should also be comfortable working largely as a standalone, and flexible to handle a wide range of responsibilities in a small organization.
• At least 5+ years of hands-on HR Generalist/HR Business Partner experience, ideally in a leadership capacity
• Native-level Japanese speaker, Business-level English; capable of overseas reporting lines
• Prior experience working in the financial industry will be advantageous, but not necessary
• Working knowledge of Japanese Labor Laws
• Hands-on experience with payroll operations (internal) will be advantageous, but not required
For more information, or to apply, please contact Sakura Tomita on (HK) +852 2526 8588 -OR- (JP) +81 50 5534 6639. You can also send your application directly to: email@example.com. Job code: ST/11966
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.