Title: HR Manager
Reports to: Director, People
Our client is an independent, private equity company with offices in London and the US. They invest in both private and public equities with diversified team representing 17 countries, speaking 25 languages.
They pride themselves in sustainable investing for the long term with their investment approach based on the idea that sustainability factors- economic, environmental, social and governance criteria will drive a company’s return over the long term. Therefore, they seek to deliver superior investment returns.
They are looking to hire a HR Manager on a 12 Months FTC.
The role will be focused on project execution and process improvements – the role holder will work closely with the Director, People and People team associates on bespoke projects and also on BAU data and process cleanse and upgrades.
The ideal candidate would actively represent and foster the culture of the Firm in all practices and interactions both internally and externally.
Key Responsibilities: Human Resources
Senior Managers & Certification Regime:
- Facilitate job descriptions review process alongside Team heads
- Support the implementation of the firm’s certification framework – ensure all Senior Managers are clear on process, have access to the required documentation to certify their team members as “fit and proper” in a straightforward, time efficient manner
- Guide Senior Managers through any cases where a fitness and propriety assessment requires escalation
- Drive compliance activities as they relate to the People function with respect to the Senior Managers Certificate Regime (SMCR)
Sage People System Phase II Implementation
- Alongside the Director, People confirm project plan and deliverables
- Project management: regular interaction with external consultants to support implementation and testing of recruitment portal and external payroll and benefits integration
- Lead on internal briefings for team on system changes
- Delegate for Director, People on all BAU processes, including recruitment, ER and monthly payroll or benefits processing
- Ensure MI available via Sage People for standard reporting is correct and up to date
- Update existing standard operating procedures or create process flows where gaps are identified
- Co-ordinate the renewal and running of the staff benefit schemes in partnership with the Director, People and global COO for London and the US People Team Associate and US COO for San Francisco
- Drive compliance activities as they relate to the People function with respect to the Senior GDPR
- Drive a project relating to electronic filing for HR record keeping in both the UK and US
- Act as mentor for other colleagues within the People team or wider business
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in the asset management sector
- Experience of working in an international business with global offices is desirable
- Tech savvy; experience in implementing and using HR Systems; preferably Sage People
- Understanding of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (desirable but not essential)
- Prior demonstrable experience in process improvement/ data cleanse projects
- CIPD qualified (desirable but not essential)
- A professional individual who exhibits awareness of the confidential nature of the role
- Demonstrates a good use of initiative, combined with a practical clear-headed approach in relation to problem solving.
- A confident, personable and professional manner with the ability to foster a strong team dynamic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly, taking account of the time difference with the San Francisco office.
- Superior organisational skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Process oriented, able to process large volumes of data with accuracy and speed
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise their own workload as well as that of their team as necessary.
- Forward thinking with the ability to pre-empt the needs of colleagues.
- Professional or personal interest/experience in sustainability.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.