An immediate need has arisen for a bright, capable and hands on HR Generalist, reporting to Global HR Business Partner.
The role is to support one of the Global HR BPs in carrying out the full breadth of HR generalist responsibilities; provide customer focused comprehensive and pragmatic HR advisory service to managers and employees; operate in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements; support the Global HRBP for Insurance including change management activities and projects.
- Provide a HR advisory service to the identified service areas and manage casework, including: making recommendations, giving advice and support to managers in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, discipline and grievance matters, organisational change and the range of employment and employee relations matters so managers can make an informed decision; ensuring relevant trackers and employee files are kept up to date.
- Manage complex and high risk disciplinary and grievance casework, ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed, seeking legal advice where appropriate.
- Support the development and maintenance of a performance management culture, including: developing managers' skills in this area, leading on capability-related casework, and advising and guiding managers through the relevant policies.
- Develop and maintain trusting and effective working relationships with senior line managers, challenging their thinking and working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their current and future business needs.
- Act as a mentor to junior members of staff.
- Educated to degree level essential
- Gained or working toward full-CIPD qualification
- Minimum 4 years' experience of working in a fast paced, HR environment
- Experience of operating complex HRIS systems and maintaining data integrity via databases
- Affinity and confidence to be involved in projects and play a key role in them
- Advanced experience of using and operating all Microsoft Packages - Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience of recruitment and employee relations is essential
- Accomplished communicator with a strong command of business English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to hit the ground running and make a visible impact in a relatively short period of time
- Solutions focused with a desire to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous, operational efficiencies
- Confidence and ability to provide advanced first line HR support as and when required
- Flexible and thrives in fast paced, changing environment
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Methodical & thorough approach with ability to deliver to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Discretion and integrity
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren on email@example.com.