Our client is a niche investment firm which supports the development of financial markets in lower income countries across Africa and Asia. The role will be based in London and report into the Chief Operating Officer. We are looking for a flexible candidate, who can handle a variety of operational and strategic HR tasks, working with the outsourced HR advisory and benefits provider. The HR Manager will have a responsibility to foster and maintain a culture that encourages a collaborative approach between all stakeholders, whilst handling highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way. This work will involve liaising with staff across all of GMC’s locations, and a need for someone with a high sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Provide significant support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in the development and delivery of people and organisational development strategies and plans to support high performance; encompassing attraction, recruitment, induction, engagement, performance measurement and management, reward, retention, succession planning, process and system improvement, cultural development and talent development.
- Perform administrative support for all HR processes in-house, liaising with the external HR agency to ensure timely processing of HR requests (e.g. offer letters, contracts) and that all internal records are kept up-to-date on a timely manner and that the online HR portal is updated. Ensure all HR-related operations and processes are undertaken in a timely, efficient and accurate way.
- Lead on developing and implementing a rolling annual training programme, working with the Leadership Team to develop a plan that supports the team in developing both technical and soft skills, and addresses the development requirements in individual Personal Development Plans, as well as stratifies the training approach across the levels and sub-teams within the organisation. Liaise with external training providers to deliver the training, dealing with contracting, budgeting and logistical planning.
- Lead on the recruitment processes for all roles across the organisation, liaising with recruitment consultants, if any are used, maintaining the recruitment inbox, supporting the recruiting managers with long-listing and short-listing, arranging interviews and supporting with the hiring process.
- Liaise with all new starters and relevant team members to ensure they have a smooth on-boarding process.
- Lead on the appraisal process, including administering the 360 feedback forms, ensuring that all line managers are aligned and delivering the process, and supporting the Remuneration Committee and ExCo in their review of the outcomes of the appraisal process. Support the COO and Finance Director with the pay rise, bonus and LTIP administrative processes, liaising with the external HR agency to do so. Perform salary benchmarking exercises to ensure that pay is fair and appropriate.
- Liaise with the Communications Director to ensure critical internal communications regarding HR matters are delivered in a timely, clear, motivating and sensitive way.
- Work with the Finance team to deliver Board reporting on HR metrics, providing insightful analysis and recommendations from the results.
- Lead the Staff Survey process, assimilating the results, presenting to the Executive Committee the findings and any recommendations, and discussing with the wider team.
- Support the COO in the delivery of any internal change ensuring the most effective use of employee resources and ensuring employee satisfaction remains high.
- Own and update the Employee Handbook for any changes in Company or HR policies
- Support line managers with resolving any sensitive or complex HR problems, bringing in the COO and potentially the external HR agency if required.
- Support the Finance Director in the administration of benefits, liaising with the external HR agency to do so.
- CIPD qualified or qualifying, or relevant HR experience
- Knowledge of organisational change and development in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the principles of workforce development and the appropriate use of learning interventions
- Knowledge of reward mechanisms and job benchmarking
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity
- Current knowledge of best HR practice and employment law
- Skilled in all aspects of Human Resources; recruitment, selection, on-boarding, learning and development, performance management, reward
- Creative and strategic thinker with flair for organisation development
- Well-developed programme and project management skills; the ability to design and deliver projects to schedule
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity
- Confident communicator and well developed written business English
- Expert in change management, coaching and business partnering
- Budgeting skills
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate IT skills (MS Office including Excel)
- Significant broad HR experience
- Experience of writing, developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and supporting managers and colleagues
- Experience of managing HR case-work and guiding business managers on all employee relations matters, including resolving complex and sensitive cases within a required timeframe
- Experience of working in a multi-country environment
- A tactful and discreet approach when dealing with difficult situations
- Professional and diplomatic approach with people at all levels
- The confidence to present and provide a compelling reason to support HR best practice approaches
- High energy, drive and resilience with demonstrable passion for effective people development and engagement
- Evidence based, thoughtful and highly organised
- Builds solid relationships based on high levels of emotional intelligence
- Likes working in a fast-paced organisation
- Willing to roll up sleeves when required
We are looking for candidates who have the experience to deliver against the responsibilities of the role and who are passionate about making a difference whilst working in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.