This is a generalist HR Manager role which includes strategic Business Partnering, oversight and hands on HR Operations, and regional HR Project work.
The role will be based in the Hong Kong office however the Asia HR team very much operate as a regional team and involvement and understanding of HR across HK, SG and Japan will be expected.
HR Business Partnering
- Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, gaining trust and credibility to influence the business, develop a thorough understanding of the business needs and challenges as well as how the business operates
- Change Management: assist and drive where appropriate changes within teams, guiding managers and employees through the process
- Provide guidance to the business on succession planning, performance and talent management in line with group methodologies, processes and timeframes.
- Manage all employee relations issues, educating the business to take accountability and manage risk
- Assist in the delivery and execution of global mobility cases
- Execute end of year Remuneration review, guiding managers on their compensation decisions, supporting checking of remuneration statements and payroll instructions.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met (eg. change of reporting lines, change of titles, licensing requirements fulfilled etc.)
- Drives a high level of Customer Service and receives positive feedback from the business.
- Ensure a comprehensive, end to end and value add recruitment process for vacancies in Hong Kong; educating the business and changing in mindset on recruitment practice and execution
- Conduct competency based interviews, drive the recruitment process, provide advice, market intelligence, salary data and candidate salary negotiations.
- Maintain agency relationships and negotiate terms and conditions
HR Operations Oversight
- Approve payroll for Hong Kong and Japan with support from a HR Officer and payroll vendor. If the HR Officer is away, prepare payroll for the Hong Kong Office.
- Approve year end and ad hoc employee and employer tax filing for Hong Kong with support from an HR Officer.
- Manage local regulatory HR reporting, and keep abreast of local Labour Ordinance changes, suggesting proposed approach for implementation and highlighting risks as necessary Manage quarterly risk reporting, ensuring sample testing is completed across Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, and that global requirements are satisfied in the required timeframe.
- Oversee the new joiner process driven by HR Officer (as needed).
- Conduct Interview and oversee the leaver process.
- Ensure Asia headcount data is accurate and Workday is updated on a regularly basis.
Projects & Other:
- Assist as needed with HR Analytics and reporting
- Provide input and recommendations for annual Asia Benefits review using local market knowledge and data, ensuring that benefits are competitive in the market
- Review of Asia Benefits brokers to ensure that service is competitive and to the quality required.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Garrett Tardrew, or send me your resume at email@example.com
Job code: GT/15173
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.