Our client is a global law firm which has quadrupled in size over the past decade and is currently looking to hire a commercial HR Business Partner to be based in Manchester.
This is a national role with primary responsibility to support the UK based arm of the global IT Department. This role requires matrix management as whilst the individual will be based in Manchester, their clients will be across the whole of the UK and they may also be required to liaise with their global peers on projects and issues.
Location: Manchester (with travel to regional offices required)
- Work together with the Senior HR Manager for the business services teams, advising and guiding on re-organisations, restructurings, redundancies and transfers.
- Work with the Senior HR Officer as appropriate on the implementation of various policies and practices including maternity, flexible working, mentoring, equal opportunities, headcount management, and dismissal.
- Work with L&D team to ensure that fee earners have the right skills, experience and knowledge to manage people effectively and to help and support them when gaps are identified. Facilitate and deliver L&D programmes as and when required.
- Work with the other HR Business Partners and senior management to review and update the Career Development Review (CDR) forms annually and assist in the implementation of the process for the client groups, leading the annual performance moderations process and working as a project team with the rest of the business services HR team.
- Coach client groups in the delivery of effective feedback and constructive performance management based discussions.
- Keep up to date on market intelligence on salaries and remuneration for client groups and feed that back into the salary review process.
- Run and implement a commercial salary review process which targets market 'hot spots' and high performers.
- Working with the senior HR team and the business on various change-management projects within the firm
- Graduate or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified with a strong academic track record
- HR Professional with previous experience of building effective relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ideally from professional services or a technology business
- Experience of managing junior staff preferable
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Team Player
- Commercially astute
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build credibility quickly
- Integrity and discretion
- Ability to inspire confidence and respect at all levels
- Flexible in thinking and approach.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Débora Lima da Cunha at email@example.com #LI-DC1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.