Our client is a leading financial services organisation looking for a Human Resources Business Partner who will be working closely with the Senior HR Business Partners for Investment Management to support teams within the department.
- Permanent position
- Cannon Street, London
The primary objective of the role is to act as a business partner to ensure that managers are equipped to deal with people matters appropriately and that the people agenda is reflected in all decisions, and aligned to achieving desired business outcomes. You will work very closely with the Senior HR Business Partners to deliver innovative and future driven business focused HR initiatives across the Investment teams.
A particular focus of this role will be to coach and support managers to grow their leadership and management capabilities as we look to embed new leaders into the organisation and continue to drive efficient change.
Insights, Strategy and solutions
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partners to translate the business strategy into people focussed initiatives, participating in developing and shaping programmes to address business specific needs
- Work closely with identified business leaders to understand business and talent pressures and support the delivery of goals and objectives for the Investment group
- Work with the Employee Engagement team on a number of communication activities including the Recognition Awards (supplementing centralised comms when required); the annual communications plan; assist on the preparation, communication and updates to the management team for the annual Your Voice survey and track outputs and activities
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Work with Talent Acquisition team globally and participate in recruitment and selection processes to ensure experienced and skilled talents are brought into the Investment teams
- Support business managers in the induction and on-boarding of new staff, focusing on assisting new staff members in engaging with the comany's culture and understand management practices key to successful delivery
- Support the facilitation of the UK Induction programme
- In conjunction with Early Careers team, support Early Careers Program’s assessment centers and ongoing management of the early career programs when/where required
Talent Development and Training
- In conjunction with Talent team, work with managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees and for talent pipeline
- Work with Talent team and Senior HR Business Partner to support the collation and assessment of specific training and development requirements for the Investment teams as well as ensuring employees participate in a range of enterprise wide development activities or bespoke activities for Investment where required
- Facilitate appropriate job moves for individuals in line with the talent management principles of the organization
- Manage complex employee relations issues, engaging with business managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate. Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals
- In conjunction with HR Legal, review existing policies and procedures, and make recommendations on continuing, modifying or eliminating particular policies and procedures that are not supporting business goals (reviewing and updating employee handbook)
- Performance Management
- In conjunction with the C&B team, undertake market reviews of compensation and work with the business to ensure an efficient management of the end of year compensation review process is conducted for both groups. Advise and support department managers in relation to their recommendations, maintaining objectivity and fairness at all times and ensuring accuracy of data throughout process. Assist in communicating key steps of the process and updates to the management teams.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of working on the full range of HR issues, including employee relations, with focus on development planning and performance management. In addition we are looking for someone with:
- Degree educated desirable with strong track record in HR advisory roles
- Can-do attitude, experience of working on own initiative within a changing and high-pressured environment; commitment to high standards of excellence, demonstrating a drive to succeed in a changing environment
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse and challenging client group
- Experience of working in a customer focussed, dynamic, commercially driven environment: preferably Investment Management or broader Financial Services
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com. #LI-KH1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.