The purpose of the HR Business Partner role is to work with and influence key stakeholders and partners to improve business performance by identifying areas for improvement and facilitating change initiatives. This HR Business Partner role will support various fee earning departments predominantly based in London.
• Work with the senior HR team to develop the HR function and ensure that it is meeting the strategic objectives of the firm.
• Position HR as a strategic business partner within client groups and contribute to business planning and strategic discussions by providing commercial advice and support on all HR Operational issues.
• Develop and sustain strong business relationships with client groups to become a trusted advisor.
• Coach and support Partners, Managers and Team Leaders in their development of their people management skills.
• Work with the wider business to ensure initiatives and solutions have full support ahead of implementation. Influencing and supporting change management across the practice.
• Propose new ideas that may lead to better strategic decisions.
• Work with the groups to ensure the structure of the practice areas is appropriate to meet the strategic aims of the various teams.
• Advise, plan and deliver on re-organisations, restructurings, redundancies and transfers.
• Work with and support the HR Advisors as appropriate on the implementation of various policies and practices including maternity, flexible working, mentoring, equal opportunities, headcount management, and dismissal.
• Work with the senior HR team to communicate and share expertise with the wider team.
• Work with L&D colleagues to ensure that fee earners have the right skills, experience and knowledge to manage people effectively and to help and support them when gaps are identified. Facilitate and assist with L&D programmes as and when required.
Talent Management & Development
• Work with Partners to support ongoing and effective career development conversations across the client groups.
• Coach client groups in the delivery of effective feedback and constructive performance management based discussions.
• For the client groups, lead the annual fee earner performance moderations process, working as a project team with the Senior HR Manager, other HR Business Partners, and the HR Advisors
• Lead the Talent Management process for the client groups, collating and acting upon the data to manage promotion decisions and succession planning.
• Keep up to date on market intelligence on salaries and remuneration for the fee earning groups and feed that back into the salary review process.
• Run and implement the salary review process for client groups.
• Working with the senior HR team and the business on various change-management projects. within the firm
Essential Skills & Experience
• Graduate or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified.
• Legal, professional services or financial services experience.
• HR Professional with previous experience of building effective relationships with senior stakeholders.
• Experience of managing junior staff preferable.
• Strong team player essential.
• Commercially astute and a good understanding of the practical application of HR.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong influencing skills and able to build credibility quickly.
• Integrity and discretion.
• Ability to inspire confidence and respect at all levels.
• Flexible in thinking and approach.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com
Job code: KH/15371
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.