Our client is a global Asset Management firm looking to hire an Head of HR (FTC). This will be a maternity cover for at least a 12-15 month period.
- London based
- Reporting to Deputy CEO and COO
The purpose of the role is to devise and implement the UK People Strategy, which will help enable the company to achieve its business objectives. This will involve leading the UK Human Resources team in line with the direction given by the incumbent Head of HR.
The candidate will undertake a degree of independence in performing their responsibilities as well as overseeing the Facilities and Administration teams.
- Lead the UK HR team, driving and supporting priorities and workflow appropriately.
- Whilst working closely with Compliance and Senior Management, seek to ensure that employees are fit and proper and remain competent for their function by participating in careful selection and vetting of recruits, competence assessments and undertaking or ensuring that formal appraisals are regularly undertaken.
- Consultation & advice: Provide well-reasoned, accurate advice and guidance in order to support, influence and challenge the business in line with HR policies and procedures
- Establish and implement departmental accountabilities for the range of HR functions from talent acquisition to health and safety compliance and promptly resolve issues as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks.
- Induction & integration: Proactively support Line Managers and Senior Management with the induction and integration of employees, as well as with their ongoing retention
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements. Work with management to deal with any competence and training issues identified
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action.
- Provide company-wide information by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire
- Learning and Development: proactively support and drive a performance culture through the identification of personal development targets and initiatives
- Implement the recruitment strategy and oversee its implementation. Interview senior hires where necessary.
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Employee Relations
- Where necessary lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- HR Projects: responsible for the project management and implementation of HR projects across a variety of topics, as determined by business priorities
- Challenge the Exco where appropriate and suggest alternative paths.
- Talent Management & Mobility: support HR and the business in all talent, mobility and succession planning initiatives
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
We are looking for someone with a previous experience of working in a global organisation with matrix managed divisions, gained gained in the financial services sector with a strong preference for Asset Management.
In addition we are looking for:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- People management experience
- Exposure to health and safety legislation would be beneficial and experience of office relocations.
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with a proven track record of delivery and the ability to deliver high standards of service
- Experience of dealing with employees at all levels of seniority
In terms of technical knowledge, the ideal candidate will have:
- solid implementation experience of SMCR
- UK acquisition and TUPE experience
- robust and varied experience of UK employee relation issues
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.