Our client is a leading global law firm and due to business success is continuing to grow their Learning and Development (L&D) team. The global L&D team provides clear practical advice of the highest standard to the clients as well as a range of training programmes and events to further their pre-eminent position in the market.
Location : London
Purpose of the Role
The Learning and Development Manager will design and deliver the firm’s Professional Development and Talent Management Programmes by building excellent relationships with internal key stakeholders as well as external training providers. This will also include scheduling, organising and administering the programmes.
- Build strong relationships with key Legal Support stakeholders to establish credibility, trust and knowledge of their needs.
- Ensure the Career Development Framework is reflective of what is required of the five levels of the Legal Support function.
- Work in collaboration with HR Business Partners and Legal Service Managers to identify team and individual training and development needs.
- Act as an internal consultant identifying development gaps and making L&D and organisational development (OD) recommendations.
- Create bespoke programmes as well as core management skills programmes
- Identify best value trainers/consultants to assist with the delivery of training
- Create and manage an effective budget to deliver a best practice professional development programme
- Collaborate with HR heads in our international offices to identify and deliver training.
- Work in collaboration with L&D admin support to schedule, organise and administer all L&D interventions for the Legal Support function and record and process invoices.
- Collaborate with the team's LMS colleagues to provide on-line learning
- Become a project lead and participant in several key organisational changes with the business that impact the Legal Function team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven experience in a learning and development/training role, preferably within a partnership/professional services environment and preferably on an international basis.
- Experience of successfully designing, delivering, scheduling, organising and administrating seminars is essential
- A good working knowledge of MS packages and IT proficiency essential
- MBTI qualified desirable or other psychometric tools
- Communicates effectively at all levels, both verbally and written especially with senior managers.
- Proactive approach and positive attitude, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Training delivery expertise
- Team player, Self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel and comfortable working in different cultures across our international offices
For further details please contact Kirstin Hunt on email@example.com.
Job code KH/16046.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.