My client is a large international law firm looking for an experienced Learning and Development Manager to grow their career. This role would suit someone who is passionate about Learning and Development, and who can demonstrate a real understanding of the need to ensure that the L&D function delivers interventions that are truly aligned with operational and strategic business plans.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on facilitating the sharing of knowledge, and the development of individuals and teams within the organisation, ensuring that my client achieves its goal to be the leading global business Law firm.
Reporting to the International Head of Learning and Development, you will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of how to use learning and development to improve business performance. You will have strong experience of working with the entire training cycle. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within a fast moving and changing environment.
This is a varied role incorporating a wealth of project work and ensuring effective delivery for legal technical and skills training within the Firm.
- Building the L&D plan to fully align to business needs, business strategy and vision, articulating local and international requirements
- Providing L&D support and guidance to lawyers, partners and business support
- Programme Design, Development and Delivery
- Talent Identification and Development, working in partnership with HR colleagues, both locally and internationally
- Leadership Development and Succession Planning
- Operating as a key member of the International L&D team, contributing to the overall L&D strategy
- Identifying and streamlining processes to ensure best practice, and efficient, and cost effective delivery
- Brokering and promoting excellent relationships and partnerships with local industry associations, external training companies and academic counsels related to the legal industry
- Relevant professional qualification, or CIPD qualified, with significant training management experience in a diverse environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing learning and development activities in the Law or Professional Services Industry
- Able to personally design and deliver skills training at all levels across a broad range of topics
- Experience of sourcing and managing external suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Sound organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to evidence initiative and a pro-active approach
- Ability to work independently and remain calm under pressure
- Flexible regarding working hours and happy to travel to different locations
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren at email@example.com