Our client is a leading investment management organisation looking to hire a Senior HR Business Partner.
You will provide the full range of HR Business Partner support to teams within Investment Management. The primary objective of the role is to act as a business partner to ensure that managers are equipped to deal with people matters appropriately and that the people agenda is reflected in all decisions, and aligned to achieving desired business outcomes. You will work very closely with the other HR Business Partners in the region and globally as well as COE teams to deliver innovative and future driven business focused HR initiatives across the Investment teams.
A particular focus of this role will be to coach and support managers to grow their leadership and management capabilities as they look to embed new leaders into the organisation.
- Translate the business strategy into people focused initiatives, participating in developing and shaping programmes to address business specific needs now and for the future
- Work with managers to gain insights into opportunities for efficiency improvement on people and structure
- Analyse data on organisation structure, accountabilities and spans of control to support the business case for redesign
- Coach and advise managers in the optimisation of current team design to improve performance
- Work with Talent Acquisition team and participate in recruitment and selection processes to ensure experienced and skilled talents are brought into the Investment teams
- In conjunction with Early Careers team, support Early Careers Programme assessment centres and ongoing management of the early career programme when/where required
- Work with the C&B team, undertake market reviews of compensation and work with the business to ensure an efficient management of the year end compensation review process is conducted for Investment teams
- Work with Talent Development team, work with managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees and for talent pipeline
- Work with Talent team and Senior HR Business Partner to support the collation and assessment of specific training and development requirements for the Investment teams as well as ensuring employees participate in a range of enterprise wide development activities or bespoke activities for Investment where required
- Manage complex employee relations issues, engaging with managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate. Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals
- Participate as an active member of the HR business partner community to identify and share best practice, which in turn will drive continuous improvement
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience as a human resources professional in an international business environment, Investment Management, Hedge Fund or Private Equity sector experience is highly desirable.
- A demonstrable knowledge and interest in the investment process, and key industry themes is highly desirable.
- Prior senior relationship management experience with high level personal impact skills in a fast paced and demanding environment. The ability to demonstrate emotional resilience is critical.
- Commercially savvy
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with colleagues across regions and functions, with an ability to remove organisational barriers and obstacles to deliver company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Naturally curious with a drive to look externally and understand the latest thinking within the human capital management arena.
- Demonstrable experience of working on a wide range of HR issues, including employee relations, with a particular focus on development planning and performance management.
- The ability to operate across global functions with appreciation for localised practices and legislative requirements
- Can-do attitude, self-driven within a changing and high-pressured environment; commitment to high standards of excellence, demonstrating a drive to succeed in a changing environment
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as HR Analytics tools.
To apply for this role the job holder must have the ability and desire to work with a diverse and challenging client group with a huge people agenda. Ideally with experience of working in a customer focussed, dynamic, commercially driven environment and Investment Management or broader Financial Services is essential.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted