Our client is a leading global investment bank looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Institutional Equities Division (IED) – VP/ED.
- Location: London
- Reports to: Head of EMEA HR Business Partnering
As a market leader, the talent and passion of the company’s employees are critical to their success.
A person in this role will manage a team of 2, with the team collectively being responsible for partnering with the Institutional Equities Division. This Division has approx. 600 employees based in London and across the key European jurisdictions.
A successful candidate must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a broad range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
- Act as a Senior Business Partner to key BU stakeholders, engendering credibility and building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Act as a key point of contact to clients, providing guidance and recommendations across the entire suite of HR Business Partner responsibilities.
- Proactively partner with the business with regards to their resourcing/headcount plan and the internal recruitment team on lateral recruitment activities, including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates
- Work with managers and the Compensation team to determine appropriate compensation levels for new hires.
- Ensure that all regulatory aspects of the hiring process are fulfilled including working closely with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team on any guaranteed approvals required.
- Manage the recruitment approval process for senior hires with the business unit and the NY HR team.
- Advise managers and employees on mobility and international transfer issues as required. Working with Corporate Tax, the Visa Team, Compliance and Employment Law on complex transfers
- Advise and coach managers – and more junior members of the HR team -- across a wide range of employee relations issues considering best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Partner with the HR Data team to provide appropriate and timely management data and presenting this to the business unit as required.
- Partner with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team to identify roles captured by regulations and manage the individuals and requirements of the regulations.
- Partner with the business to develop their Talent strategy, and with the Talent organization on the implementation of this.
- Work proactively with the business on succession planning for critical roles.
- Identify diversity focus areas and partner with the business to develop and implement their annual diversity plan.
- Implement and coordinate the divisional talent ranking process for the EMEA region.
- Ensure any changes to the cyclical performance evaluation process are introduced and understood by the business
- Advise managers to ensure appropriate compensation decisions are made based upon performance, parity of awards, promotion etc.
- CIPD qualification preferred.
- Proven background within HR within a professional environment such as professional services or financial services
- An ability to manage and develop relationships within matrix management structures
- Broad understanding of the Regulatory Remuneration environment preferred
- Numerate, strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong client relationship skills with proven ability to influence and persuade clients and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task, perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change.
- Strong results focus and ability to deliver.
- Methodical, rational and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues.
- Proven people management skills
- High levels of professionalism and integrity.
We are ideally looking for candidates coming from financial services or professional services environment.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at email@example.com.
Job Reference :- KH16233
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.