Our client is a leading global law firm and due to business success is continuing to grow their Early Careers team.
Location : London / Manchester
Purpose of the Role
A person in this role will take ownership for the Early Careers learning cycle and will have responsibilities for induction, ongoing training, and development to set the EC talent up for success, departmental inductions as part of the seat rotation process, as well as playing an active role in implementing the Solicitors Qualifying Exam. The role will report into the Head of EC.
- Work in a business partner capacity to identify training needs and deliver a best-in-class programme for trainee solicitors and apprentices.
- In conjunction with other members of the EC team, and in consultation with the Learning & Development team, ensure our core skills curricula are delivered to the highest standard and in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Work with partners, fee-earners, and Professional Support Lawyers, EC and HR Business Partners on the content of materials to be used in the delivery of the professional development programmes and communicate these programmes to all relevant stakeholders.
- Where appropriate, support other members of the EC team with tasks and projects, such as insight days, early identification programmes and vacation schemes.
- Deliver a tailored programme of engagement prior to joining that uses insights to offer learning that aids speed to productivity, as well as drives keep-warm activity.
- Fully lead on the induction of trainee solicitors and apprentices, facilitating a programme that delivers optimal impact.
- Lead the implementation of the Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE), working in conjunction with partners, Learning & Development, EC and HR Business Partners, and advise the firm on best practice options.
- Diagnose individual learning and development needs, working in conjunction with the EC team, while also engaging with the Learning & Development team to ensure continuity.
- Design and deliver programmes where applicable, particularly as part of engagement activity with future talent
- Schedule, organise and administer all seminars, courses, and trainee solicitor and legal apprentice inductions including the seat inductions.
- Grow the Learning Management System (LMS) offering for their population, working in conjunction with the Digital Learning & Platforms team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven experience in a learning and development/training role, preferably within a partnership/professional services environment
- Experience of successfully designing, delivering, scheduling, organising and administrating training is essential
- A good working knowledge of MS packages and IT proficiency essential
- Experience of identifying training and development needs and sourcing appropriate training
- Effective stakeholder management
- Communicates effectively at all levels, both verbally and written
- Proactive approach and positive attitude, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Persuading and influencing skills
- Flexibility to work additional hours if required
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Agata Staszewska-Palka at email@example.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.