Our client is a reputable international law firm looking to hire a Senior Trainee Development Advisor to be based in their London office.
You will work alongside an Attorney Recruitment Manager who is a great mentor; incredibly commercial and has a very hands-off style.
It is an autonomous position responsible for managing all activities and processes related to the firm’s London trainee programme. The role also involves campus out-reach and full cycle trainee management, from the offer through to the end of the two-year contract/qualification.
It is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a high-touch role with more exposure and opportunity to build genuine and close relationship with both trainees and the stakeholders and drive positive change. You will support a cohort of trainees and act as the key point of contact for all employee relations matters, being the go-to person for partners, supervisors, trainees and business services teams.
A person in this role will have the opportunity to truly own the processes, taking an active part in shaping the firm’s training curriculum, as well as taking a lead on various transformation projects. One of them is management of the transition to the SQE , effectively implementing the change for the London trainee programme through strong communication and engagement with key stakeholders. They are looking for someone who enjoys working on processes improvements and has the impetus to get on and make decisions and not need handholding.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in development roles or HR focused role, preferably coming from legal or professional services. Additionally we are looking for:
· Strong academic background (LPC degree is desirable)
· Possess knowledge of training contract structure and process
· Have well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of the Firm
· Enjoy working in a team environment with a customer service focus
· Can demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with ability to treat confidential matters with the appropriate discretion
· Employment law background would be an advantage
Job Reference - 16103
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.