Our client is a global offshore law firm with a very entrepreneurial and professional set up. The culture is open, progressive and personable. As they look to strengthen their Global HR function they are now looking to hire a Talent Development/Learning & Development professional to be based in their London office.
You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering learning and development sessions to staff in order to increase their, and in turn the firm’s, ability to work effectively, accurately, and efficiently. The Talent Development Specialist will be adept at understanding business processes and identifying staff gaps in understanding or execution so as to properly tailor learning modules and techniques to given situations.
The role will include development needs assessment, process analysis and documentation, course presentation and delivery as well as reporting of success measures.
The role reports to the Head of Learning Development and HR Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating the training programme curriculum and staff development strategy
- Consulting with partners, directors, managers, team leaders, power users and HR representatives to identify training needs
- Co-ordinating the assessment of the global training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with management
- Identifying and developing relevant courses
- Co-ordinating and facilitating process mapping exercises to establish the appropriate steps for carrying-out various functions or tasks
- Developing and reporting training objectives on a quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis
Facilitation and Delivery
- Delivering induction, productivity application, enrichment and other training sessions in individual or group settings, whether onsite or remote
- Formulating training outlines and determining instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Assisting with identification and confirmation of suitable facilitators for scheduled training sessions.
- Coordinating training session schedules and timely notification
- Facilitating the allocation of target and mandatory staff groups to attend planned training sessions
- Facilitating the monitoring and evaluation of training session quality with respect to relevance, execution, content and impact on attendees
- Assisting with maintaining accurate training attendance records
- Enabling induction programmes for new joiners
- Preparing periodic staff communications to ensure awareness of training initiatives and to stimulate staff interest /participation
General Talent Development Support
- Assisting with the research and preparation necessary for the development of course descriptions and outlines
- Assisting with all talent development delivery tools as needed, including the online learning platform, videos, stepbystep instruction manuals, course materials, etc.
- Analysing training metrics and feedback to provide recommendations
- Identifying opportunities to incorporate technology and other new media or otherwise improve the effectiveness of the talent development programme
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated and ideally CIPD qualified
- Proven track record in Talent Development / Learning ideally from a legal or professional services background.
- Strong understanding of the different learning delivery methods and how to best tie to the learning need and individual (classroom, one-on-one, online courses, webinars, e-learning)
- Experience of leveraging technology to develop learning materials
- ViewPoint systems experience or experience with other SQL based business systems required
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Access, Excel and database applications necessary
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and with all levels of employees
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently
- Experience working effectively within a large, global organization
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. #KH1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.