My client is a fast growing online Retailer who is looking for a Workforce Planning Manager to develop the Strategic Workforce Planning capability within the Group Globally, ensuring their talent planning aligns with our overall strategic business plans.
The Workforce Planning Manager will interact with stakeholders across all of the Group and is a critical component of helping them reach their long term goals – ultimately helping articulate the make-up of their global workforce, and identifying skills or capabilities that must be developed for their success. As the workforce and capabilities develop, this role will also develop, with opportunities to manage a broader team and scope.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business Units to develop most effective version of Workforce Planning
- Work closely with a variety of partners to gather the best data, iterate on ideas, and develop insights
- In collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, determine best set of KPIs to articulate key drivers of talent needs
- Facilitate the translation of strategic business plans to concrete headcount needs and talent plans
- Establish optimal process by which to execute Workforce Planning (i.e., determine timeline, stakeholders, responsibilities, etc.) and ensure process is sustainable
- Facilitate implementation of Workforce Planning software function, challenging both the software provider and the businesses to ensure final product is both useful and usable
- Train HR Business Partners as necessary to effectively use Workforce Planning to fulfil their talent needs
- Identify talent trends, both internally and externally and plan strategic responses
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to fully understand business and roles
- Analyse talent data to draw out valuable insights to help inform overall talent plan
- Gather external data, staying up to date on trends or events that could affect talent needs
- Periodically synthesize results and suggest implementable and feasible solutions to appropriate parties
The suitable applicant will ideally be MBA qualified with experience gained from a management consultancy firm.
Must be highly analytical with a quizzical mind-set. A strong academic track record is important. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to plan and predict effectively based on complex data sets. Retail backgrounds will also be considered.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in management consulting, workforce planning, or project management ideally within retail or fashion
- Proven track record of creating positive impact and working with a variety of people
- Independent thinker able to graciously challenge others
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Confidence to deal with/present to colleagues at all levels of the business
- Strong analytical and decision making skills efficient
For further information please contact Kirstin MacLaren on email@example.com.