Our client is a global professional services organisation looking for a Senior Employee Relations Manager.
- The role can be based either in London, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Reporting into the Head of HR Operations
The purpose of the Senior ER Manager role is to work with the HR team in order to influence key stakeholders and Partners to review and improve the firm’s approach to employee relations. You will operate as a ‘centre of excellence’, understanding the culture and environments in their national offices, using mediation and facilitation to proactively work with the wider HR team, Business Services Heads and Partners to mitigate potential ER issues. The role has primary responsibility for co-ordinating and overseeing employee relations issues.
You will also be responsible for working closely with the HR Operations team in reviewing and improving key ER processes, and setting up, managing and delivering best practice, commercial advice. This includes identifying current process and internal relationships, for example the Employment team, and understanding how to better manage the dependency of the relationship and ultimately reduce spend. As part of undertaking this newly created role, you will need to review, improve and maintain HR policies in line with regulatory changes and internal application. You will also be pivotal in working with the Learning & Development team to create, monitor and deliver programmes to mitigate future potential issues.
We are ideally looking for someone with a proven track record in a similar role, ideally from a matrix professional services organisation and previous experience of operating in a “centres of excellence” structure. Additionally we are looking for:
- CIPD qualification or employment law background preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in the commercial application of employment law
- Knowledge and experience of documentation/interview procedures for ER investigations.
- Must be flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast paced environment with a positive attitude and results driven.
- Capable of working autonomously but also operating as part of a team.
- Proven stakeholder management, strategically minded and dedicated to achieving excellence at all times.
- Commercially astute and a good understanding of the practical application of HR.
If you are interested in discussing the role further please contact Kirstin Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org. #KH1
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.