This week our host Stuart Elliott is joined by Dr Brad Harris, a Professor of Management and Human Resources at HEC Paris, the Co-Founder of People Leader Accelerator, and the Managing Partner at Trailhead Consulting. Brad is an award-winning, internationally recognised teacher in the areas of HR and is the co-author of two books, 3D Team Leadership: A New Approach for Complex Teams and Scaling for Success: People Priorities for High Growth Organisations.
Outside of work, Brad lives in Paris with his wife and three children. He loves to run and a passionate advocate for individuals with special needs.
In this episode Stuart and Brad discuss the importance of having core values that stem from behaviours. Values should be able to be assessed and measured and are expected to adjust and change over time. This podcast will help individuals choose core values that really make a difference and aren’t just empty words.
- 01:05: An Introduction to Dr Brad Harris
- 08:28: What are core values?
- 11:53: Behaviours within an organisation
- 15:39: Finding your own core values
- 19:25: Can generational differences affect core values
- 22:47: Ensuring personal values are in line with company values
- 27:25: Values you believe you have vs what you actually convey
- 28:58: Changing your core values
- 31:25: Reevaluating your values
- 35:15: Evolution vs change