We are back with another episode of HR Insights: The Podcast!
Today our CEO and host Stuart Elliott is joined by Katica Roy, an award-winning gender economist to speak about gender equality.
Katica has an incredible back catalogue and has interviewed the likes of President Biden, Vice President Harris and many more. Katica’s visionary articles have been published by the World Economic Forum, Fast Company, Fortune, Forbes and Harvard Business Review; receiving over 2.9 billion impressions. She is now the CEO and Founder of SaaS company; Pipeline, ‘an organisation that uses advanced technology to make intersectional gender parity a reality in our lifetime.’
In this episode, Stuart and Katica discuss gender equality and its implications on working life; why gender equity is an issue for both men and women, accepting that there is bias, the economic implications gender equality has on a business and the data around gender equality.
You can find out more about gender equity via Katica’s blog where she shares information and tips on combating equity in the workplace.
You can listen to and download HR Insights from Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and most popular podcast apps, subscribe so the latest episodes are directly available!
- 01:01 – Introducing Katica Roy
- 11:15 – Current state of the gender equity space
- 13:45 – Bias training: does it work?
- 18:50 – US economy through the lens of gender
- 21:58 – 1.1 million women missing from the workforce
- 24:26 – Global gender equity
- 29:26 – Gender parity could take 156 years
- 34:36 – Solutions to achieving gender equity.