HR Insights - The Podcast. Series 1: Developing Your Organisation's Skills Strategy
In our final episode of Series One, Emily Ramji chats to Janice Burns and Todd Tauber from Degreed about how organisations can develop a more coherent “skills” strategy. As organisations are forced to rapidly adapt to changing landscapes, the need to identify, develop and redeploy skills has never been greater.
At the organisational level, accurate skills data enables strategic workforce planning and allows the company to successfully deliver its business plan. For individuals, how their skills are recognised, developed and used underpins employee experience, organisational culture, wellbeing, performance and ultimately shapes their career.
If you're on the move we recommend you download and listen to HR insights through:
and most other popular podcast apps, subscribe so the latest episodes are directly available! You can also listen via the player at the bottom of this blog, just ensure you have a consistent internet connection.
- 3.34: Why skill data and a holistic understanding of skills within organisations is so important
- 5.59: Is skills development an area of HR that is well developed and organisations are currently succeeding at or is it a new space?
- 8.26: How technology can enable organisations to better understand skillsets and be more agile in their ability to respond to disruption
- 14.05: Skills for performance enablement
- 18.30: Examples of organisations utilising skills for strategic workforce planning
- 22.24: Advice for those who are looking to re-shape their talent or internal mobility strategy
- 31.00: How organisations can use learning behaviours to drive higher employee engagement
- 39.00: The importance of continuous career development